Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Groovin'
joeg332
Accepted Solution

sony vaio fit brightness problem windows 8

i just got a sony vaio fit for college at first the fn+f5 and fn+f6 keys to conrol the brightness were working fine but lately they havent been in fact i cant conrol the brightness from anywhere including from the power options in the control panel i know others have has similar problems but i cant seem to find a fix that has worked for me yet

Please use plain text.
RichO

Re: sony vaio fit brightness problem windows 8

I'm sorry to hear about the issue on your VAIO computer.  Have you tried running system restore back to the date when it was still working properly? It would also help if you can provide the model name of your VAIO computer. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Vlampy

I'm actually having the same problem, started in the last couple of days. I've tried the keyboard shortcuts, Window's Power Control settings, Vaio Control settings, Vaio Care diagnostics, tweaking NVIDIA settings, updating/uninstalling/reinstalling both graphics drivers, updating Windows, Updating Vaio software, and more. Sick of messing with it at this point, having the screen cranked to max all the time is killer on the battery life but other than that it's not hurting anything.

Did you find a solution?  I have a Vaio Fit 15, model number: SVF15A18CXB.

Sony Vaio Fit 15 Touch -- Model Number: 15SVF15A18CXB
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
TonyGlo

I am having the same problem too.

Sony, you need to get on this.  I just noticed it this past week.

We need help.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
thefendall

I to have a vaio 15 fit touch enhanced, it seems to work on restart but if the power cord is removed, even when reattached the brightnes settings seem to unavailable, the onscreen icon shows it changing but the screen doesnt actually change brightness

Please use plain text.
RichO

@Vlampy  When was the last time it work properly? have you tried re installing Sony Notebook Utilities or the Hotkey Utilities ? Please also make sure that you have the latest driver for your Video adapter.

@TonyGlo Please provide the model name of your VAIO computer and details about the issue.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
chat5010

I am having this same issue with my Vaio Fit 15. My laptop's model # is SVF15A190X.

If I restart my computer, I'm able to adjust the brightness settings normally but once it's been unplugged, I lose this capability. Plugging it back in does not fix the issue.
Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
trevik

Has anyone found a solution to this?  Is it a hardware problem?  Should I get my viao fit serviced.  The brightness control F5 and F6 buttons wont work and I often have to reboot my computer to get them working. 

Another problem, my touchpad is also malfunctioning.  It sometimes selects or presses on wherever the mouse is over without me touching the computer.  Never had so many problems with a Vaio computer before as I am having now.  Viao Fit 14 user here.

Please use plain text.
RyanC

Hello, a VAIO Care Performance Patch update was recently released to address this problem. Please check esupport.sony.com or run VAIO Update.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
lutsukomm

I am having the same problem with my Vaio Fit SVF15A1M2ES. Where can I download the proper driver for WIN 8.1 ?

Please use plain text.