Language: English / Spanish

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Windows 8

Groovin'
dreamworks
Accepted Solution

Vaio Update for Windows 8.1

Hi Sony Support,

Quick question .. when will you release Vaio Update that can be installed directly into Windows 8.1 instead of going through the Windows 8 first then upgrade to Windows 8.1 route that is published on your support site?

If I have a clean Windos 8.1 installed, when can I get Vaio Update directly from Sony for my Vaio Tap 11?

Model: SVT11215CXB

Thanks ..

Please use plain text.
Sony Employee
Gz8

Re: Vaio Update for Windows 8.1

Hi dreamworks,

Have you tried to install the VAIO Update Software version 6.2.0.14170 first and then install the VAIO Update Software version 6.3.1.10120?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
dreamworks

Yes.

I have installed VAIO Update 6.2.0.14170 successfully. After restart I proceed to install VAO Update 6.3.1.10120 but there is an error as below.

"The installation failed because detailed information for your VAIO could not be acquired."

This is the reason why I asked if Sony plans to release a VAIO Update that can be installed onto Windows 8.1 machines directly.

Thanks .. Dennis

Please use plain text.
Sony Employee
Gz8

Hi dreamworks,

Have you installed VAIO Location Utility?

For the VAIO Update software to install and work properly, please flollow these installation steps:

1. Install all drivers including the Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device

2. Install Sony Shared Library

3. Install Hotkey Utilities

4. Install VAIO Location Utility

5. Install VAIO Update

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
dreamworks

Thanks Gz8. Done the above and successfully installed VAIO Update on Windows 8.1.
Please use plain text.