Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'

Re: sony vaio flip 15a touch screen issue on Win 8.1 Model: SVF15N17CXB

yes. i can wait a week. because my friend buy this laptop for me from the US, he leave the US in 2 weeks, so i have to decide which laptop i wnat him to buy for me. that why i little bit worried about this flip 15a touch screen issue. wht r u think i should do?

Tuning Up

Hello everyone,

I'm just chiming in because I have this same touch screen problem. It was working fine yesterday (for the most part), but now my touch screen has is becoming unresponsive/dead more and more.

I'm not sure if I should return exhange this at Best Buy for (hopefully) non-faulty or wait for a fix. I've read some reviews from people who don't seem to have a problem. So I'm guessing that not every unit is broken...

Emerging Star

It's too early for me to tell whether this is a permanent fix, but after applying the changes suggested in this post over at TabletPCReview, I was able to go over an hour this morning without loss of touch. Please check it out and report back. I'll test for a longer period this weekend.

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/sony/58485-sony-vaio-flip-pc.html#post354649

Groovin'

vaio just upload a new bios update that might be the solution to the problem.

Emerging Star

I do not see anything using VAIO update.  where did you see a BIOS update?

Top 40 Artist

Groovin'

Emerging Star

THis is what the Bios update says: "This utility installs an updated version of the BIOS software to resolve issues where USB devices may not be recognized or detected after upgrading to Windows® 8.1 and the battery icon may be unavailable. This update also improves thermal management"
No mention of a touch screen fix, unless that somehow falls under USB....at least they are updating something, I guess :smileyhappy:
Emerging Star

well I put on the new BIOS.  no issues during the install.  been about an hour so far and no issues and no dead touch screen.  

Top 40 Artist

@jastow

If you go to http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/download/EP0000315806.html , (you'll need a browser that translates, like Chrome) it says one of the updates is for "Sometimes touch panel does not work with update to Windows 8.1." 

I downloaded that file and it matches the one offered on the US support site.

So far, I've had no touch issues or fan issues since installing it.

I have: 15 Flip with i7, 8gb or ram, the GT 735M graphics card, 256GB SSD, and the QHD display.