Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Groovin'
Extragooey

Vaio Duo 13 and Vaio Control Center

I received my new custom Vaio Duo 13 (i7-4650u, 8GB, 256GB SSD, Win 8 Pro) and proceeded to do all Windows 8 updates and Vaio updates.  After all the updates, Vaio Control Center now takes 90 seconds to launch.  Clicking on the tile takes me to desktop, then 90 seconds later, the Control Center appears.  Anyone experience this?

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Rhody

Re: Vaio Duo 13 and Vaio Control Center

Hi, I have a similar machine with similar specs (i7 4500) and experienced the same problem after conducting the Vaio Update which is part of the Quick Start Guide. After the update I noticed Vaio Control Centre would take about 90 seconds to start and I also lost the ability to manage the track pad (the trackpad works but I have lost the icon to enable/disable it on the taskbar).

After calling Sony they recommended I re-install Vaio Care and Control Center. This did not work and infact Vaio Control Center would not load stating it was already loaded (I correctly unistalled it and restarted my computer fully).  I was then advised by Sony to conduct a factory reset. This fixed the problem. When I started VAIO Update the problem returned!  I have now conducted another factory reset and will not use Vaio update until the bug is fixed. I think the problem is the latest patch in the VAIO Control Center.

Hope it is fixed soon.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Extragooey

Someone in the Duo 13 owner's thread over at www.notebookreview.com mentioned that the problem went away after installing the Synaptics touchpad software.  I did this and it worked like a charm.  Vaio Control Center opens immediately now after clicking on it.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Rhody

Many thanks for the info. I have visited the forum but am unable to find the links. Any chance of providing the address to the update site? Thanks, R.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Extragooey

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Rhody

Many thanks!

Please use plain text.