Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

VAIO - Software & Other Operating Systems

Emerging Star
tschille

Re: VAIO care troubleshooter won't install

[ Edited ]

oops... i don't mean vaio messenger... I mean vaio update.  It is listed as an important download in vaio update.  I've gone back in my posts to correct.

Please use plain text.
NickT

[ Edited ]

Hi tschille,

Please try removing and reinstall Vaio Care and then run the updates again. 

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VPCEG27FM&upd_id=8092&os_group_id=6  --Vaio Care updates

http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=VPCEG27FM&upd_id=8651&os_group_id=6  --Vaio Care Troubleshooter

Nick-

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
tschille

Hi nick... 

I tried to uninstall vaiocare through the application manager.  However, it wasn't listed there.  I was able to uninstall it through the control panel... through windows.  I then re-installed vaiocare 6.4.  Then I updated vaio care to 8.1.  I then ran Vaio Update.  Two updates where listed:  Vaio Care Troubleshooter 1.0 and Vaiocare Performance Update 1.0.  I am asked to restart.  When my computer starts back up, Vaio Updated tells me that Vaiocare Performance Update 1.0 installed successfully....  while Vaio Care Troubleshooter 1.0 has not installed.

Didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
rascalz

The troubleshooter update is NOT listed under mine. Probably because my VAIO Care 8.0 is corrupted AND as I meantioned earlier there are no VAIO CARE versions available in the Drivers and Updates category on the page for my system which is VPCSE290X. 
I can only find a link (even from a post on the boards/community) that SAYS it directs you to Vaio CARE 7.3...it points to the version I have.
Can I uninstall Vaio CARE 8.x and reinstall WITHOUT having a previous version of it?

PLEASE HELP!

????????

Regards.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
rascalz

Nevermind, my system isn't listed for the Vaio Care Troubleshooter.
Now I have the Vaio Software Core update installed when I shouldn't have it.

VAIO CARE & Update has been a pain in my ****** since I got this computer.

Regards.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
rascalz

I installed the VAIO Care™ Update in error as I notice my system isn't listed as applicable. VPCSE290X.

Now what do I do because My VAIO CARE 8.x is corrupted and I can't find a prior version to install on the Drivers & Updates page for my system????
There are no links anywhere to VAIO CARE 7.3 that don't point to v8.0. I need to fix my VAIO software and I'm guessing but hoping you will tell me whether or not I should just re-install V.8 without uninstalling? Or just reinstall it? Something tells me that wont work. Or it will make Vaio Update & other stuff not work.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Regards.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
SWB-Sony

Rascalz:  For your system, VPCSE290X, I'm seeing the Vaio Care Software (original version for your machine looks like it's 8.0.0.08150) and the Vaio Care Update for it (8.2.0.15030) under both Windows 7 and Windows 8.   Here is the link for it (NOTE:  You'll need to toggle to whichever OS is yours, Win 7 or Win 8):  http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VPCSE290X&LOC=3#/downloadTab

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
Allan

Re: VAIO CARE Troubleshooter, Version 1.0 Will not install on my Laptop

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
cjwinchell

After scanning through the responses here, it appears that no good solution has been posted to resolve this issue.  I am having the same problem, with both the recent Vaio Care Troubleshooter Version 1.0 software, as well as the recent Vaio Improvement Update Version 1.0.0.04020 software.  Regardless of which way I try to download and install (automatic versus manual), neither of these applications will install on my new E Sereis Vaio laptop (Model SVE14E35CXH); Vaio Update keeps reporting that they failed to install.  Can anyone (a Sony representative, perhaps?) offer any insight?  I bought this computer new only two weeks.  Before that, I was a 12-year-long Mac user.  I made the switch to a PC/Windows 8 because I just wanted to try something different.  After multiple frustrations like these, I am having misgivings about switching.  Honestly, my Macs never ever had the kinds of hardware, updating, and installation problems that I have so far experienced with this Vaio.  Sorry to rant.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Star
tschille

[ Edited ]

CJ... lucky for you, maybe, you might have a free 1 year subscription to remote assistance.  I know I had a free subscription for a year after I purchased my laptop.  I used it 5 or 6 times.  They only broke my computer two times out of the 5 or 6.  However, they did fix whatever problem I was having the majority of the times I used it.  So... there's that...

I'm just happy to know that I'm not the only one with this issue.  It will be fixed in time I'm sure. 

Please use plain text.