Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Television - Picture & Sound

Tuning Up
Terri4210

Red light blinks 6 times tv won't come on.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
joanney57

Re: Red light blinks 6 times tv won't come on.

it sounds like my tv at one time and it was the lamp bulb which you can get online cheaper and does the same thing as ordering it from sony just cheaper. if you want the name of the company i got it from let me know it cost me back in 2009 125.00 but now they are alot cheaper about 55-80.oo depending on your screen size

Please use plain text.
SamT

[ Edited ]

Generally, you may do the power reset procedure for this issue (i.e. by unplugging the TV from the outlet and leave it unplug for 60 seconds then use another outlet afterwards).

May I know the complete model number of your TV? You can see it on either the front page of the manual or on the back of the TV - it starts with letter K.

I also want to know the label of the flashing indicator light (e.g. power, standby/timer, etc.).

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution,"
this will help other Users in finding their answers easily while navigating through the Sony Community website.

Please use plain text.
Tuning Up
Terri4210

Hi , I did try the "unplug for 60 second" idea, to no avail. The model # is KP-51WS520.   The flashing light is 10 blinks from the "stand by " button.  (This standby button is shared by the word 'timer" before the "standby" but  the "timer" button seems almost like a dummy button, as it does not go on or off, or click or anthing?  Thank you for responding and I will check back in the AM.

Please use plain text.
SamT

The power reset procedure was supposed to resolve the issue however if the standby light is still flashing after doing so then it indicates that there is something wrong on your TV and it will require service.

Please click this link for you to check for available service options.

If my post answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution,"
this will help other Users in finding their answers easily while navigating through the Sony Community website.

Please use plain text.