Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Home Theater Products

Tuning Up
Inline6turbo

SA-CT260H subwoofer cuts in and out.

So I just bought a new sound bar with wireless subwoofer. The sub frequently cuts out if we're even lucky enough to have it work at all. When it works the light is green and when it cuts out it turns red and the link light turns off. How can this be fixed? If not, I'll be returning it.
Please use plain text.
Groovin'
johne43

Re: SA-CT260H subwoofer cuts in and out.

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same problem with the CT260H purchased in Canada. I have tried the suggestions here and they don't solve the problem of the subwoofer cutting in and out (although it happens less often when Effect is OFF). This is thes second unit I have tried. Both had the same problem.

I also purchased a Polk Audsystem with a wireless subwoofer and it works fine in exactly the same environment. (The SONY had the problem before I purchased the Polk - so it's not the cause of problem).

I woud love to keep the SONY - but if I can't resolve this problem it will have to go back and I'll keep the Polk system. 

What is SONY doing to rectify this persistent issue?

Please use plain text.
SamT

Re: SA-CT260H subwoofer cuts in and out.

[ Edited ]

Hi Inline6turbo and johne43! I need more information about this issue:

• Does this happen when watching TV channels? If yes, what's the source of your TV program?
  • Does the same issue happen when using other sources like DVD or game system?
  • Please provide information about your setup.

Also, sound skips or has noise:

• If a device that generates electromagnetic radiation, such as a Wi-Fi network, or a microwave oven is nearby, move this system away from such sources.
  • Remove any obstacle between the Sound Bar and the subwoofer, or move this system away from the obstacle.
  • Locate the Sound Bar and the subwoofer as near as possible. 
  • Change the Wi-Fi frequency of the Wi-Fi router, computer, etc., to 5 GHz band. 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

http://bit.ly/Win-4K

Please use plain text.