Language: English / Spanish
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

welcome to Sony's community site

Get involved! Whether you are here to ask or give help - we are happy you stopped by and look forward to seeing you in the future! Please watch our Welcome Video to get started.

Blu-Ray - Netflix, Online Video, Network & Internet

Groovin'
surreyman
Accepted Solution

How to connect BDP-S3100 to network TV tuner HD HomeRun Prime

Just purchased a wifi blu-ray player BDP-S3100. Have HD Home Run Prime cable card TV tuner attached to my router - with Windows 7 on my pc. How can I get the player to access the network TV tuner so I can watch TV? 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Re: How to connect BDP-S3100 to network TV tuner HD HomeRun Prime

Hi surreyman! What do you exactly mean when you ask how can the player access the network TV tuner? Please elaborate further.

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
surreyman

Just purchased a Sony blu ray player BDPS3100 with wifi. Have HDHomeRun prime
with cable card. I have tried to set up a DNLA network with Windows Media Player (WMP)
on a Windows 7 PC so I can watch TV thru the Blu-ray player and HD HomeRun
prime. Are there any directions someone can provide to me, a novice at this as I
am running into issues? Where I am at now is the Blu-ray will see my home PC
(WMP) with a playlist folder and when I select all playlists I do get a HD Home
Run cable card folder. When I click on that icon a get: there is no playable
file. I do not know what to do next. Any advice would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
surreyman

I followed that instruction and got it set up, but when I click the playlist folder that should have the TV channels I get

I get the message: " there is no playable file".

In addition I have found out that HD Home Run Prime has a DMS server and the Blu-ray picks this up but when I attempt to view a channel on this server I get a dark screen and the player locks up. In my config GUI log I see the following error:  20131202-00:40:48 HTTP: rejecting video request from 192.168.1.6 due to range tag - DMP/DMR is not compliant with DLNA 7.5.4.3.2.10.7 MT HTTP Header requirements (Dec 2011).

Does this mean that the player is not DNLA compliant? 

Please use plain text.
Top 40 Artist
BrianP

The Blu-ray player is DLNA complaint. You may check the marketing specifications for information. 

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. What type of files are you trying to play from the HD HomeRun? Or are you trying to do Live Streaming from it? 

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
surreyman

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to stream live TV from the HDHomrRun Prime cable card TV tuner to the blue ray and get this message logged in HDHomeRun Prime GUI log. 

Please use plain text.
AGuy

Hello surreyman-

The player is operating properly if it can see a DLNA server on the network. If it can't play back the content it is possible Windows Media Player is not able to transcode the file type that your HD HomeRun is outputting. You can try using an alternate DLNA server and see if that helps resolve. A quick google search will give you many options as we can't recommend a specific DLNA server. You may also want to see what is able to transcode HD HomeRun files.  

Please use plain text.
Groovin'
Don544

[ Edited ]

As is usual Sony passes the buck.

HD Homerun is fully DLNA complient and works with other DLNA  devices but most Sony products do not work with much in the DLNA world.

My Sony player will only play clear channel(over the air channels played from my cable) on my machine.

This even though the other channels play everywhere else.

My Homerun shows up as a seperate file folder  in the drop down list and all the channels show up in the list.

However as I already noted  most do not work withSony Products.

Please use plain text.